Pages

15 May 2009

welcome harriet owltwig!

meet harriet owltwig

here she is, my very first twig + yarn doll. her name is harriet owltwig and she comes from the twig forest (or my home, whichever)! i know i don't have the best sewing skills since no one ever really taught me but i am hoping to get better so i can see if i can more of these. i also like that she was made from found things, like branches from one of our neighborhood walks. also, her head is stuffed with the excess felt material and a few packaging peanuts! so, virtually no mess and being a little eco-friendly by recycling the peanuts for the stuffing.

i am truly enjoying making things from the branches and using yarn and felt. i am hoping to make more things and even, maybe make a little sublet shop within littlebighead under twig + yarn so i greatly appreciate any feedback you may have. we will see what this leads to, but for now, there is harriet...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

oh she is really lovely!
I made a leaf and yarn doll when I was camping a while back, Harriet kind of reminds me of her (I must dig out her photo).
I really love dolls like this, made from stuff that is just readily available.

Heather said...

Owl Twig is the cutest! I love her rustic look, you are so crafty!~

FrontierDreams said...

that is so sweet!!!!

Unknown said...

clairebee - you must dig out the photo, i would love to see it!

heather & nicole, thank you!!

Lisa said...

Andrea, she is absolutely lovely! I love seeing your drawings coming to life off the paper.....

Mary Beth said...

Oh, how adorable. I love your little twig doll and am inspired to make my own. Just clicking over from Crafty Crow.

Paintedpaper said...

How fun, I just love your twig doll! Bravo! Enjoying your blog as well!

Katja Kaukonen said...

What a great idea, thank you! My alter ego twig (my 5-year-old daughter named her Linda the Moose), says HI to Harriet.

http://kirjavaa.blogspot.com/2009/08/hirvea.html

Love your blog.