Pages

04 March 2011

the tea is in the garden...




 Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company.  ~Author Unknown


I've had a flurry of ideas come into my head lately and so far, just this one has been materialized. It's almost appropriate, being in the month of March now, awaiting springs true arrival. I like the idea of having tea in a splendid garden and maybe one day I will get to do that with a few cherished friends (and of course, my sweet little girl). 

I also think I am approaching yet another slight sea change in my art. I want to explore a few different ways of seeing things and relating that onto paper. Not just paper too, for I have ideas for felt little dolls and the like. I have so many ideas and much to do but still, the whole concept of balance and discipline nip at my heels for attention. I need to buckle down and just do the things I have set out for me. Until then, I'll put the kettle on, warm this chill upon my skin and hope you do the same too. :)

tea leaves
tea loves
loves tea
lives tea
leaves tea?
never.
~Uniek Swain

Indeed, Madame, your ladyship is very sparing of your tea;
I protest the last I took was no more than water bewitched.
Jonathan Swift (1667-1745)

5 comments:

Bonnie Wildwood said...

I like this teapot! I am craving Spring so much, but know I have a bit of waiting to do where I live...

I can definitely relate to more ideas than I can get out at one time. Isn't it nice to see how you yourself are changing through the art you create? It makes me feel good when I start moving in new directions because I feel that I am growing in some way.

Courtney said...

A truly beautiful pot of tea! I am excited to see where your sea of change take you and your art. Sometimes it feels like life is just one big state of flux that I can hardly keep up with myself, let alone anyone else, but that's the fun of it all at the same time.

mathyld ▲ under the pyramids ▲ said...

oooh ! What a delightful illustration !!!
And those quotes are absolutely perfect :)

But I'm sure you knew I'd love it all !
x x x
-m-

Paulie Antiques said...

beautiful, ada! i love it so!

love, polly

emilyclare said...

such a lovely lovely teapot :) I'd like a drink from it right now!