Pages

08 March 2009

sundays are for mandrakes, and other things...

a beginning of my ghost for a ghost for astulabee's flickr project. it is suppose to be anonymous but i think with some of the entries, you are going to figure out who did them based on their writing and/or drawings styles if you are familiar with them. so this one is my 'secret' but that's all i will show, at least for now :)

now, if you have been keeping up with the secret cabinet, i have had mandrakes on the mind a lot lately. today, i finally managed to draw one, and inspired by alicia carrier's blog, ten dollar drawings, i drew him on brown paper (which i think suits him best). i will most likely be making him a part of my new field-discover-wonder type journal, the diary of found things and such. natalie loves the mandrake and wants a mandrake doll. i have sewn anything in years and haven't used my sewing machine in so long, i have forgotten how to use it. maybe i will do something by hand. it will be crude most likely, but i think she will love it just the same, so we will see!

of course, a little photo of natalie, taken on friday at borders bookstore, wearing her dr. seuss horton the elephant ears she made at school. she totally looks like she is advertising this izze green apple soda, but then again, it is her favorite drink whenever we go to border's!

oh, and by the way, i invite youto start your own soup.io where i have the secret cabinet. i need to have some friends on there, some people i know. use it to to spill your secrets and share your imagination. it's sort of my online, visual, scrapbook diary of sorts. i have my twitter feed, my blip.fm and a few other feeds that go directly there. i want to friend people that i know (like you emily!) and i have started a group on there too called ephemera. so, if you are interested, it's quite simple and of course, i would love to have you there. okay, last time i am going to beg :)

8 comments:

c* said...

hello love!
your blog is ever so wonderful!
we are flickr friends.
would you like to be blogfriends???
xo
c*

Unknown said...

well hello! yes, of course, i would not mind at all :)

Jen said...

such a cute mandrake :)

Cassie said...

you could just translate one of your sweet little mandrakes onto fabric (like some natural colored linen) and just cut him out around the crude shape, then sew him together. Kind of like a stuffed pillow...

Anonymous said...

So nice that you're drawing again, hun' !

I tried to keep my "Ghost for a Ghost" anonymous ... So I didn't draw or handwrite it (of course ! My handwriting being way too recognizable ...)
But I'm not sure if the
anonymity is gonna remain ...
Anyway, I did my best ...

I'd love to have a soup account, but I'm not too good at keeping up with several accounts, and it's already hard for me to work on projects and not neglect my -recent- bloggie ...

Oh ! And I think Cassandra has got a great idea, there ! Transfer your little Mandrake on fabric, it's gonna be easier :)

*hugs*
x x x
___mathyld___

Violet Folklore said...

Andrea I love your drawings so much!
And thanks so much for sending me your gingham shots, even if I did misinterpret them ;-)

Unknown said...

i love that idea cassandra! do you maybe know of a link to show me how to do it? oh, imagine, little burlap mandrakes, i need to do it!

Unknown said...

no problem amber and thanks so much for visiting me here!