a few new places and other things I am liking...
- the little little house by the little house by the sea
- herbs herbs herbs! by 5 Orange Potatoes
- first embroidery by Let's Explore!
- all the wonderful characters of the black apple's oddfellows orphanage
- this imaginative illustration by complicated muse (kathleen lolley)
- oh deer! by end of march
- wonderful handmade goodies for children on soil at etsy
- defunk with herbal vinegar hair rinses by dandelion revolution (which I am making one presently, only two more weeks before it is ready!)
- everything goes with green by resurrection fern
- the constant search for things to share on believing nature
I just finished reading The Jungle Books by Rudyard Kipling and am completely fascinated by his writing. Everything is so vivid, so colorful, so beautiful almost like poetry. The way he describes the different lives of those around and in the jungle is just so magical. I definitely recommend especially for summer. I also finished Wicked Plants: The Weed That Killed Lincoln's Mother and Other Botanical Atrocities by Amy Stewart. Fascinating and interesting facts about various plant life around the world. I really enjoyed the illustrations and it's just good to know the whole nature of plants. I don't feel like I've been deterred by it but just having more knowledge of plants is a good thing. Now that I have finished these books I have finally begun the almost 800 pages of Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke. I know it's lengthy, probably the biggest read I have tackle in years but so far it's engaging. I just have to steal more time for reading.