Pages

30 June 2010

dear friendships

“Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”



There are few friendships that last a lifetime and I am blessed for the dear ones I have. It especially means a lot when our children begin to develop those early friendships as well. I have a friend that we have known each other since our toddler days. Her daughter is three years older than Nat but became fast friends when Nat was just two years old. It's so nice to visit with the girls spending time with one another as my friend and I do the same.

2010-06-30 12.49.351

I also am extremely blessed to be given a second chance with another that I have known since I was about 15 or so. We became best friends when I was about 18 and have had gone through tough times as well as good ones. I can't deny the presence and closeness that is so much a part of me and my own history. I am thankful to have her back in my life again. Now, she has a daughter that Nat calls her 'newest' friend. They came over today for an afternoon tea and it was lovely.

2010-06-30 12.58.13_La Mirada_California_US


I know not all friendships are the same, varying in so many ways, but I am grateful for those He has put in my life...



“Even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends.” - anon



“This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life.” - anon

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Your tea party looks like a wonderful time! I'm glad you were able to spend quality time with good friends. It's so special that Nat can share in the time too.

Violet Folklore said...

Yay. Friendship is wrought with complications, for sure, if it is a true and deep one. But those are the best ones, and always worth it. We went through a really rough time with good friends of ours (a couple with a daughter who is Mycie's age and her oldest friend) and we have just started to heal from it and come together again in small ways. It's really nice.

I am reading an awesome book: http://www.amazon.com/Searching-Tamsen-Donner-American-Lives/dp/0803222858
and in it she says that so many of pioneer women's letters or diary entries say how much they miss their friends. It's the most commonly expressed sentiment.

<3

Unknown said...

♥ ♥ ♥