Pages

21 January 2011

Los Angeles County Museum of Art

Monday for MLK's holiday, we ventured on over at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. There were so many delights to view (I personally had the biggest grin once I spotted a Modigliani!) and inspirations all around. Some of my favorites were Magritte, Picasso and Chagall. The exhibits were fantastic too! We saw
India's Fabled City: The Art of Courtly Lucknow with rich colors, ornate patterns and paintings that look like they were lit from within.  Another (permanent) exhibit Nat enjoyed immensely was Art of the Pacific showcasing tribal masks, headdresses and ancestor figurines. The best part of the day was Fashioning Fashion: European Dress in Detail, 1700–1915. This was Nat's all time favorite of the day. She really was having so much fun looking at all the clothes from different time periods. Lots of photos were taken with my little phone camera. Here are some (including Nat romping around on the Urban Light by Chris Burden) and the rest you can view on my flickr set.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All these photos are so cool! Nat's dress is pretty and she loves art as much as you, doesn't she?

I adore all kinds of art. Los Angeles County Museum is a place I want to visit one day! I fell in love with art museums while visiting Stockholm in 2009.

Jessica said...

I love these pics of Nat...she looks so heavenly dancing among those columns of light.

Hello, friend! I miss *seeing* you on FB (I've left, to enjoy the offline world more). But I will return to your lovely blog again...love your ghostly circus, too.

So cute!

~Jessica

Violet Folklore said...

Wow! Puffu, puffy sleeves! Flowing, flowing lace! These are incredible. I cannot believe how well preserved they are. It must have been so cool to see them in person, with all the texture and colors and fit so apparent. Super neat. The perks of living in a city.

I love the pic of Nat in front of the city :-)