Speaking of favorite, I've been perusing the blogging world a lot and this past weekend I have just found so many things of interest, information and inspiration. Some things I have shared on Believing Nature and some I would like to share here (it's a hodge podge of things!):
- lavender wands and lavender syrup
- amber's birth story
- making simple herbal tonics (posted on BN)
- milla's style and sweet blog
- wild carrot seed study (herbal contraception)
- forest gardening (posted on BN)
- tips to develop a love of reading for your children
- eating naturally on an unnatural budget
- the beauty of spring
- kiva's wild rose elixir recipe
- the wonders of baking soda
- painted cork coasters
- fresh healthy meals for children's school lunches
I suppose this is it for now. I am wondering if I have forgotten any links but that's okay. I've been working on Believing Nature too, adding links, finding articles and blog posts to share. I've also began a photo theme for every month. This month is 'At the Farm' and submissions are open to everyone. If you are interested, see here for more info.
Other things on the to do list:
- Making art/mail posts for:
- Finish Nattie's twig & yarn doll
- Make twig & yarn doll for my friend Yvette
- Go to the Market for some good fresh foods to make
- Take a walk
There is so much I want to do, to try and to change. Everytime I read one of Kiva's facebook updates regarding primal food and herbal tonics, it just sounds so good and so nourishing. It gets confirmed by Amber and others as well (Mothering, Organic to be, New Urban Habitat, Path to Freedom, etc.) and I am here wishing I knew how to cook more and how to budget grocery shop. I think of Nat and what she eats and how it's benefiting her health. I think of myself and how I need to be healthier, lighter and especially because of this GERD and eventually, because I do want to get pregnant again.
I think of living simpler and with more passion and purpose. I think of the beauty He has given us, I think of His grace and mercy, I think of our little gardening growing and greening the inside and outside of this place. I think of childhood magic and how I want to encourage that in her and myself. I think of creating, making and doing. I think upon so many things...
Well, I should get ready for the walk now. I think I just might find myself walking to the local thrift store that is within walking distance. :)