Pages

05 August 2009

earl grey and lanterns too

mr earl grey

Summer has this girl with me all the time, which is no problem except when she wants to do a million crafts every minute :) A few weeks ago I had her glue loose earl grey tea onto a little drawing and we made 'Mr Earl Grey'. His beard smells pretty good too!

DSCF0446

Monday we were drawing and coloring and I began a 'bark' painting that I would attach to a tin can and then punch holes to make a lantern.

DSCF0447

DSCF0451

DSCF0450

Finally it was dark enough to try out our new little celestial lantern I made for her. With put our hedgehog jar votive on first and then the new one..

hedgehog jar lantern

DSCF0453

DSCF0456

we love things with soft fire glows...especially a little owl lantern I made a few weeks ago. She has fun walking around with it pretending to be looking for people..

the owl lantern

aglow

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I adore the hedgehog lantern--love, love, love it. I so miss my hedgehog--she was so dear and I loved the way she'd snuffle around. :(