Pages

30 April 2010

nature babies, old books and dresses and thankfulness along the way

Thankful for weekly things such as...

2010-04-28 12.24.13.jpg

2010-04-28 12.24.00.jpg

Pine cone babies. From an earlier nature idea from a tiny found pine cone, we set off to make these babies during our movie night. We wrapped the yarn over the 'body' and tied fabric 'scarves' around their little heads. Then, we drew their sleepy eyes...

showing off her new old threads

pretty thrifted asian dress

Thrift scores. An old friend and I went to my favorite local haunt where I gathered some nice lovelies for myself but scored on something Nat has been wanting for awhile. A beautiful emerald Asian dress, like it was absolutely meant to be....

the wizard of oz stories i all want

i love old books momma

Love for old books. We went to Uptown Whittier for a tiny bit and of course, stopped by the new and used bookstore there. Natalie went straight to the children's area where she quickly picked up several books to show me, a couple of them old hardbacks. She told me since she 'likes old things' she 'would love to have these old books because they are old'. We obliged her one, The Tale of Paddy Muskrat by Arthur Scott Bailey (A Sleepy Time Tale) from 1916. I picked up an old favorite of mine, The Wizard of Oz in a portable paperback to tote around with me as well.

2010-04-30 12.23.57.jpg

2010-04-30 12.25.42_La Mirada_California_US.jpg

5 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

I love days when the surprises just keep on coming.

Maya Tara Credico said...

I love your nature babies, what a sweet craft!

Helena said...

That silk dress does indeed look like it was made for Nat. What a cutie!

Jessica said...

So many things to love in the post! I think that dress is absolutely GORGEOUS! And, the book finds are amazing!!!

Milla said...

Wonderful Wizard of Chinese Dress, indeed. What a lovely post.

I'm absolutely loving the pinecone babies. When I was little we used to make pinecone cows by inserting sticks into the cone's scales to make them stand up.